Thank you for your interest in our program and for caring to adopt! The first step in the adoption process is to complete the online adopter application. GRCGLARescue does require a non-refundable $20 donation at the time your application is submitted; this donation helps to offset the costs associated with bringing this program to you and making our dogs ready to meet adopters (including providing veterinary care, room and board, behavioral rehabilitation and other needs).
Please carefully review this eligibility information prior to submitting your adoption application and donation:
- GRCGLARescue adopts within the counties of Los Angeles, Ventura, Orange, Riverside, San Bernardino and San Diego. We also adopt into the cities of Santa Barbara and Goleta. Because we do require pre-adoption screening and post-adoption follow-up, we cannot support adoptions outside of this service area. If you have any question about whether your city is part of our service area, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org first to determine eligibility, as your application donation cannot be refunded once submitted.
- GRCGLARescue cannot adopt dogs into homes where the number of pets currently meets or exceeds the limits set by your local municipal authority (city or county) or your HOA; we do verify these limits before scheduling home visits. If you’re not sure about the limits in your area, please contact your city hall, animal control authority and/or HOA to get that information.
- GRCGLARescue DOES adopt dogs to homes with small children, however, we can only do so when we know that a particular dog has a solid, positive history living successfully with kids of a similar age to those in the potential adopter's home. We do need you to understand that because of this, families with small kids may have to wait a bit longer than others to make a good match. Please know that we enjoy working with families with kids to make great matches, but we cannot guarantee a match will be made, and also need you to know that finding a dog who is going to be safe with your kids may make your adoption process take a bit longer. This policy is for the safety and well-being of our families and our dogs. If you're patient and have realistic expectations about adoption, we'll be very happy to work with you.
- GRCGLARescue does not guarantee that every prospective adopter/applicant will adopt a dog from us. Our goal is to find each of our dogs a well-matched home, and we cannot provide any assurance to prospective adopters that we’ll be able to make a placement with them. We also recognize that families who are ready to adopt may have applied to other agencies and may be working with breeders and visiting animal shelters during this time. We do want to continue to work with you in good faith to facilitate your adoption process with our organization, however, in the event you adopt or acquire a dog elsewhere, your application donation cannot be refunded to you.
- GRCGLARescue will keep your adopter application open and active for a period of two (2) years from the date of submission. Since we need to make sure our adopter data is current and accurate, we do ask applicants whose applications are more than two years old to submit a new application if they want to pursue adoption.
|You may apply in one of two ways:|
Make your $20 application donation here online with your credit card, and your application will be activated within 24 hours of submission. You’ll be contacted by a local volunteer within 7-10 days to schedule a home visit, after which you’ll be eligible to adopt a dog who is well-matched to your home and family. Click the donate button below to begin the Instant Application process. When the donation is completed, there will be a button to click that takes you back to our site and instant application.
|Apply Online/Donate by Mail!|
For those who do not care to make credit card payments online, you may submit an application online and make your donation by check by mail. Although we will receive your application today, it will not be activated until 48 hours after we receive your application donation by mail. Please note that this type of application can delay the start of your adoption search by up to two weeks! Please click here to access the Donate by Mail application and receive instructions on how to submit your application donation.
"It's not just a treat,
it's a lifestyle!"™
10% donated to GRCGLAR
by Christine J Head
Rewards Card today!
All participants must re-enroll